Ice hall | Hockey-academy
Bled Ice Hall
Moderate climate, beautiful nature and well settled tourist infrastructure attract many athletes to Bled. Some of them are only recreational athletes while others are professional.
Ice sports have a long tradition in Bled. Curling, ice skating and ice hockey are winter sports that began on the frozen lake. Today training sessions and competitions are held in a modern sports hall in the centre of Bled and in the vicinity of Bled's hotels. The hall is also suitable for concerts and various types of events and exhibitions.
Bled Sports Hall is located in the centre of Bled adjacent to a large car park and in the vicinity of hotels.
- Ice rink with dimensions of 30 x 60 m
- new dasher board in 2016 (Vepe Oy Peltonen)
- Ice from July until April
- Stand seating for 1,200 spectators
- Grand floor seating for 1,600 spectators (depends on the organization)
- Seven changing rooms with showers
- Designated facilities for medical service staff, referees, the media and others
- Two cafés (bar and pizza restaurant), fitness centre and sports shop
- Engine room for ice making and two ice resurfacers
- The South extension is equipped with a conference hall, office spaces and a venue for outdoor events
In the past Tourist Society of Bled used the current location of Bled Sports Hall as a natural ice skating rink. However, there has always been a strong desire to use this location for a covered ice skating rink or a hall.
In 1972 a Syndicate for the Construction of Tourist Infrastructure was founded. Approximately 30 companies donated financial resources for the construction of ice rink. In 1974 an ice rink with compressors was built and in 1979 the hall was covered with a roof. Changing rooms, toilet areas, other necessary areas and a café were also built in the same year.
In 2002 the hall was fully renovated for the 35th Chess Olympiad. The renovation included the construction of municipal and energy infrastructure, fitness centre, offices and café, and arrangement of hall surroundings and Olympic Square.
The most important events of the hall:
- 1983 - 30th anniversary of the Brothers Avsenik Ensemble
- 1991 - IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Group B
- 1993 and 1996 - IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Group C
- 2002 - 35th Chess Olympiad
- 2002 - World Junior Figure Skating Championships Finals
- 2003 - 6th European Youth Olympic Festival
- 2003 - 50th anniversary of the Brothers Avsenik Ensemble
- 2003 - World Junior Figure Skating Championships
- 2007 - Senior World Taekwondo Championships
- 2013 - European Broomball Championships
- 2011 and 2013 - International Figure Skating Competition (Triglav Trophy)
- 2013 - European Taekwondo Championships
- 2016 - IIHF Ice Hockey Women's World Champioship Division II - Group A
- From 1993 to 2014 - Rudi Hiti Summer Ice Hockey League
- From 1987 to 2013 - Alpine Folk Music Festival
More on www.ledena-dvorana.si.